Wedding Flower Top Tips
Our top 10 tips to help you navigate the world of wedding flowers.
1. Don’t feel you have to have all the details figured out. We have managed 100s of
weddings and are intimately familiar with the venues in our area. We’re happy to help sort through options together.
2. Weddings are a celebration of you two and above all else they are meant to be fun. If at any time planning for your wedding feels overwhelming, look for a way to simplify things.
3. Be open with us about your budget so we can help you make the best decisions. We’re happy to provide guidance on which elements are worth investing in and how to make the most of your budget.
4. Flowers are a wonderful way to add a personal touch to your day – don’t shy away from considering colours and tones that are beyond your broader wedding colour palette to add depth and interest.
5. There are no real ‘rules’ when it comes to wedding flowers. Use your wedding day as an opportunity to focus on the pieces that are most important to you two, rather than feeling you must do ‘x, y or z
6. We are at the mercy of Mother Nature when it comes to flowers. Iconic wedding flowers, such as Peonies, are only available for a few weeks in the year. To get the most out of your design team, leave the final decision on individual blooms to us.
7. When it comes to your budget, invest in a few, select signature items and don’t worry about the rest.
8. Floral design is an art. Be open to the designer’s ideas and avoid being overly prescriptive in terms of specific flower varieties to use. We find it’s best to provide a small collection of 5-6 reference photos to help you communicate your likes and dislikes.
9. Never underestimate the value of adding candlelight – it brings a true sense romance to the evening and creates a level of intimacy not found elsewhere.
10. Don’t believe everything you see on Pinterest. Many of the most popular wedding photos are from America where flower availability is quite different. If in doubt, ask us – we can always provide alternatives for you to consider.